The annual summer dinner provides the club with an ideal opportunity to celebrate achievements.
Long Membership Awards
We have many members who once they join up run with the club for many years. We recognise these individuals with long membership awards for 10, 20 and 30 years at our annual summer dinner with an engraved tankard (or other appropriate glass!).
In 2016 Stewart Flatt and Gordon Mitchell received 30 year long service awards and Andrea Lyons a 20 year award, photo below showing the proud recipients putting their engraved tankards and glasses to good use!
Previous long service awards winners were:
|2015||Terry Hyland (20 years)|
|2013||Peter Roebuck (30 years) Mick Booth (20 years)|
This is an ongoing competition between club members and is assessed annually. Winners’ awards are presented at the Annual Dinner which is normally held in July of each year.
Well done to everyone who took part in this years competition! The 2017 mens championship was won by Chris Wainman and ladies by Anne Gowing. Becky Mullen (pictured) was the fastest female over 35 and Andrea Lyons the fastest female over 50.
There is a slight change to the qualifying rules for next years championship, the revised rules are below:
- Competition commences 1st May and runs for 12 months to 30th April the following year.
- Competitors must run a minimum of seven races (or events) of their own choice. All races/events must be accurately timed.
- The total distance of the chosen races/events must be a minimum of 50 miles.
- At least one event must be a half marathon and all others must be at least 6 miles.
- Competitors must retain clear records of their races/events detailing event title, date, distance and time taken to complete.
- On qualification for the competition, race/event details are to be given to the Membership Secretary no later than 31st May (following the end of the competition year).
- Overall results will be decided by total time taken in minutes divided by miles covered. For example 337 minutes / 50.1 miles = 7.31 minutes per mile.
- Prizes will be awarded to Open and Veteran categories. Entries to be submitted against the age range applicable to the competitor’s age on 1st May of the qualifying year.
- It is expected that all members deal with their race records in a true and fitting manner as befits HRRAC.raApri